Looking for landscape designers in NJ? You’ve come to the right place! High Tech is one of New Jersey’s most prestigious landscaping companies, garnering national recognition and completing award-winning projects throughout the Garden State. Part of the reason we’re so successful is because we take the time to develop a thoughtful plan and provide personalized recommendations for every project. That includes educating homeowners on the residential landscape design process so we can streamline the steps and bring your dream landscape to life. Here’s what you need to know before taking the leap:
How It Works at High Tech
You can submit the quick form on our website or call us at (732) 356-4975 to start your project. Not sure of exactly what you want or need? That’s okay! You’ll speak with a professional landscape designer who knows all the right questions to ask.
After some light initial intake over the phone, we’ll schedule an appointment for a site survey of your property. The site survey gives us a true “lay of the land,” literally, and helps us hone the details that determine the final scope and budget of the project. It’s also an opportunity for you to meet your landscape designer in person and ask any questions you might have. Once you sign off on the project plan, budget, and deposit, we’ll be ready to arrive at the confirmed date and time.
3 Things to Expect
If this is your first time working with a landscape design company, get ready for an exciting and rewarding experience. We don’t want to overwhelm you, but a lot of work and communication goes into even the smallest projects. So, be ready for:
- Questions – We ask a lot of them. It’s the only way to create a clear plan. If you don’t know some of the answers, don’t worry. We’ll also provide:
- Options – We have decades of experience designing landscapes of all types and sizes. Let our team put that experience to work for you. There are likely many different types of plants and materials you don’t know about.
- Recommendations – The landscape you’re envisioning may present challenges for any combination of design, budget, and build. If we suggest modifications to your original ideas, we’re doing so to bring you the best possible landscape with all factors considered. We know which plants are currently available in nearby nurseries, what grows best in your part of NJ and more.
Now that you know what to expect, let’s move on to some additional thought starters that will help you and your landscape designer speak the same language off the bat.
3 Things to Consider
On the surface, landscape design is driven by aesthetics. However, it’s rooted in logistics. Aside from plants that look pretty and features that look flashy, ask yourself these important questions:
- What Is Your Goal? – Are you investing in your landscape to host family get-togethers? Do you want trees in your yard to create natural privacy? Do you simply just want to look out the window and see beautiful outdoor scenery? Knowing what you want out of your project will enable you to take in recommendations and use them to make confident decisions.
- What Is Your Desired Timeline? – Quite simply, landscape design-build projects take time. At the very least, think a season ahead to have your new feature and/or full space built in time to use right away rather than having to wait a full year.
- What Is Your Budget? – Start with two numbers in mind: your ideal, comfortable budget, and your max, splurge budget. These numbers may change as you discuss the options with your landscape professional.
And finally, a few parting points to round out our guide…
3 Things to Remember
When contacting a landscape design company like High Tech, keep in mind:
- Regulations – Every municipality in NJ has its own ordinances and laws regarding residential landscaping. First things first—we need to make sure your dream landscape is allowed!
- Maintenance – Many homeowners like the looks but not the hassle of certain high-maintenance plants. Chances are, we can find something similar that requires much less upkeep.
- Patience – Our goal is to create a lasting landscape that you can enjoy for years to follow. If budget becomes a factor, we can make suggestions that may take longer but will ultimately get to your goal. From the initial call and site survey to making recommendations and iterations during design, ordering materials, and ultimately completing the build, landscape design requires patience no matter how you go about it. The sooner you get started, the better.
Ready to speak with the experts? Contact High Tech today!