Ticks may be tiny to the eye, but they pose a large threat to humans, namely as carriers of Lyme disease. Worse yet, they are infesting the entire U.S., including New Jersey and the Eastern Seaboard. On the TickEncounter Resource Center’s Tick Spotters monitor, NJ ranks near the top for tick sightings. Are you protecting yourself and your family from disease-carrying ticks?
Facts About Ticks
- Deer ticks in NJ are known for carrying Lyme disease.
- Immature deer ticks can be so small that they are nearly invisible to the human eye.
- Deer ticks don’t just find their way to your yard from deer; they can also transport on dogs, cats, squirrels, mice and other warm-blooded animals.
- Female ticks can lay up to 3,000 eggs in spring.
- There are approximately 850 known species of ticks.
Quick Tips for Reducing Ticks
- Keep grass mowed and well maintained.
- Do not allow leaf litter to accumulate.
- Do not overwater your lawn.
- Keep pets out of the woods, and check them for ticks before they come inside form the yard.
Organic Tick Control
Basic tips don’t quite do the trick, and summer is an especially important time to keep ticks away. You want your family to be able to enjoy your outdoor space, without having to worry about being bitten by a tick. At High Tech Landscapes and IPHCS, our licensed pest control experts offer organic tick control services to help protect you and your loved ones from Lyme disease and other diseases spread by ticks. Fighting ticks is an ongoing effort, which is why we give several treatments per season to eliminate ticks at every stage of maturation.
Organic tick control is friendly to the environment, humans, and beneficial insects alike. Meanwhile, in addition to targeting ticks, it also fights off mosquitos, which are equally dangerous disease carriers in the summer months.
Your landscape is beautiful. Now, let’s make it safer. Contact us today to learn more about our organic tick control services in NJ.